Nepali Army has prepared 8 adventure packages for national and international tourists as support towards Visit Nepal 2020 – a government led campaign targeted to welcome 2 million tourists in 2020.
The eight packages are:
- Unification Trail Trekking – March, 2020 (An expedition to trek through historical Saat Gaun (Seven Villages) namely Dhulikhel, Chaukot, Panauti, Kalpu, Banepa, Sanga and Nala.
- Open Adventure Sports Competition – CoAS High Altitude Tri-adventure competition (12th May, 2020) and CoAS International Tri-Adventure Competition (17th September, 2020).
- Multinational Joint Military Jungle Safari and Mountain Trekking (September and December 2020)
- Paragliding – Pre World Cup – (February, 2020) and World Cup (October, 2020) & Recreational Paragliding Week (January & May)
- Multinational Military Run (23 October, 2020)
- Peacekeeping Seminar (29 May) and Run for Fun (30 May).
- Nepal Marathon (30 Oct, 2020)
- Multinational Joint Military Everest Expedition (March – June, 2020).
Addressing the interaction programme on “Visit Nepal 2020- Information Sharing,” a seminar organised by Nepali Army Headquarters on Thursday, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Defence Ishwor Pokharel applauded the roles and initiatives taken by the NA for making the government’s national programme a grand success. The VNY information sharing programme was held by the NA to apprise the diplomatic communities present at the function.